Thursday, September 11, 2008

Long Time, No Blog!

Wow, didn't realise it had been so long since I updated! Slack hey?
Mmmm, what's been happening? Hafta find my diary and look back so I remember.
Nothing much during the week last week - Kindy for Tyla and work for me (Oh How I Hate That Job)!
Friday 5th September - Went to Cummins for a ScrapNite and to meet all the lovely ladies from escape2create. Pete finished work early so I could leave early - I left here about 4ish - Cummins is about 150kms from here. Had to pack all my scrap stuff to take - spent the previous 2 evenings planning my LO, then decided that it didn't really matter cos I would probably spend more time chatting than scrapping! And yep, that is what happened! Did get some scrapping done, but between shopping with the "Shabby Chic Shack" ladies (from Lock - a great little Shop if you are in the area) and wishing Sandra HAPPY 40TH and chatting and meeting everyone, not a great deal got done. I left about 11:30 to drive home - thankfully no kangaroos on the road altho did see a few rabbits. I had a fantastic night - well worth the drive. Tiff took a BLOG photo - here it is!

Lots of lovely talented people!

Saturday, I had to work (Cos I didn't do it Friday night), then Umpired the D Grade Grand Final Netball match. I usually do A Grade - was very difficult doing this grade, but had fun and it was a good game. The outcome was as expected, but the runners-up played really well and didn't lose by as much as they thought they would. The Footy was good - Wirrulla won the A & B Grades, breaking a 24 year drought.

Then we jumped in the Car and drove to Ceduna for a couple of days. Father's Day on the Sunday, so thought we would surprise my Dad. Was dark when we got there (2 hour drive), so we parked around the corner and snuck in the front door. He was asleep on the lounge, and was very surprised to see us! Made him very happy, so glad we went. Mum was very pleased to see us too. Peter took Monday off work, so didn't have to rush home on Sunday.

Did some shopping where Mum works - hit the sale rack! LOL! Really need new clothes cos my pre-Halle clothes are too small (Think they musta shrunk when we moved! ROFL)!! I've lost lots of pregnancy blubber but not enough to get back into my clothes yet!! (Insert grumpy face here)! Anyway, got myself 3 new pairs of jeans, a new shirt and 2 pairs of jeans for Pete, all for the huge total of $79!! And they are nice jeans too - gotta be happy with that!

AND, managed to get all of mum's photos (OMG)! Yep all of them. 4 shoeboxes and a suitcase full. Have sorted thru the shoeboxes and put them into groups according to people. Have told Mum that I am going to sort them all and scan them! And I will - just not immediately! LOL! So, have found lots more for Mum's album and can really get down to serious scrapping with it now. So, here's a few very old photos! No editing yet, just scanned and uploaded. Gotta love the old polaroids. They have held their colour quite well really.

Circa 1972. This one is probably about 1978.And me in my Little Ath's Gear! No laughing!! ROFL! What's with the hair???? About 1980.Hehe, hope that has given you all a good laugh!

Went to Camera Club Meeting on Tuesday. Got a second with this Pic:

Lost a point cos his eyes are shut! What the...............???? Mmmm, the judges make me laugh sometimes. Anyway, have decided not to worry about the judges, cos a good photos is in the eye of the beholder and I am not going to take my photos for the judges, but for me. Last month I had a gorgeous photos of Pete and Tyla playing in the rocks at the waters edge, taken from behind. Lost points cos you couldn't see their faces! Again - What the...........?? That was the whole point of the photo. Oh well! Still deciding if I can be bothered sorting thru my photos to enter some in the local show. That's next weekend so better get my A into G if I wanna do it.
Had to work again last night (usually only do 2 shifts a week, doing 3 this week). Had to mop the Gym Floor. Only did half and you should see the blisters on my hands! Did I mention, I really hate this job!!
Took Halle to the Doctors yesterday for her 1 year vaccinations. OMG, she was distraught. Much more than Tyla was when she got hers. 10 minutes later she was still heaving and crying - was like she was asking me why I let that man hurt her? I felt awful! She had very sore legs all last night and today too. And she is teething again, so lots of dribble and runny nose.
Have got our netball wind-up tomorrow night. Looking forward to that, should be a good night.
Also had some not so good news this week - my Nan (who is 92) ended up in hospital. She has a lot of problems with circulation (never been a smoker, but lived with a smoker most of her life - might as well have smoked herself)! and also with fluid around her heart. She was in hospital for a week and has had to go to stay at my Aunty's for the next 2 weeks. Will drive both of them crazy, so hopefully Nan will be well enough to go home soon. I will try and get to visit them during the week, but is about 200kms away, so gotta see how the money goes.
So, that pretty much sums up my week. Oh, except for the HUGE Power Bill and the very nasty, totally unexpected ATO Bill!! Not happy Jan! Money is stressing me out, but what else is new??
Has been a fabulous week weather wise! Glorious today - predicted top of 27, but I reckon it got hotter than that. Windy tomorrow tho. Hopefully more rain coming our way, otherwise the winds are gonna play havoc with the crops.
So, hope everyone has had a good week, hope u have an even better weekend - I'm off to finish the LO I started last week.
Oh, and one more, just because I can...............Mum and her sisters at her first wedding in 1967!

TTFN! (Ta Ta For Now)

7 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

ttfn???
what's it mean.
and what an essay.
u make me look like i am asleep on my feet compared to you ROFL.
arent u going to have some fun with the pics.
perfect for your project.
so glad u got home safely.
still reckon if a scrap day/night hic hic happened up your way, a car load would come up. may have a few bodies on your floor....or crash where the stash is!!!!
;)

Maryanne Ridgway said...

wow lisa, what a post!!!!!glad you enjoyed your night, hoping you post the LO you were working on that night!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
So glad you enjoyed yourself when you came down and that you had a safe (but late!) trip home.
A busy time for you by the sounds of things.
Gotta love the old photos ... the clothing and haircuts ! it must've been fun going through all the old photos from your Mum.
I hope things improve for your Nan.
Have a nice weekend.
Kylie
PS: Tiff ... TTFN = Ta Ta for Now

Anonymous said...

... forgot to say that I saw you and the girls picture in the paper yesterday - at your Nan's WCH life membership lunch. (and we saw you on the news the other week too!)
Do you get the Lincoln Times up there or would you like me to post it up to you?
I noticed you Nan's last name is Hale ... is that where 'Halle's name came from?
Kylie

Lisa said...

Hi Kylie - yep, got yesterday's Times - a bit annoyed that they got Tyla's name wrong, but oh well! And yep, Halle sortof came from Hale - my Nan and Pop only had girls so this sortof helps carry the name on. My cousin named her son Harley - again sortof after Hale!

sandra said...

you gotta love those old photos don't you?? LURVE the hat in the last photo.lol
and pffttt to those judges...I think that photo is fantastic. I think you are right.. take photos that please you.

Anonymous said...

Hiya - sounds like you are busy beavers! I am sooo jealous that you got to go to a 5 loaves scrap night, they haven't been on when we are there! oh well maybe next time!
We are going well I have finally gotten over my cold bug virus thingo! Still have kids home sick from school tho - poor things are not well at all.
Are you still thinking of heading over this way in the holidays? I think we will be away for the long weekend and maybe some days in teh first week - still not sure and will probably play it by ear! but let us know and we can sort something out!
Hope you are all well
Love Tam
PS love the photos! and just to make you feel old I was born in 80!! lol