Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Really Long Post!

We've had a flat out week! Have not really had time to post here, so sorry everybody if you've been waiting for me! I will warn you now, this is a very long post..............hopefully you will think it's worth reading!
Where to start...............
Monday 18th - My Dad arrived on his way home (we live half way between the 2 towns where my parents own houses), stayed the night with us. Was lovely to just have Dad here, cos normally it is Mum as well, so was great to have some time with Dad on his own. This was really a surprise for Tyla. I had to cook something for the Kindy Lunch and for the Trading Table for Tuesday.
Tuesday 19th - Mini Olympics Day at the Kindy. Oh my goodness, Tyla had been so excited about this, and having her Grandpa here to go with us made her so happy. There were 3 teams - Greece, Ireland and China. I liked how they didn't have an Australian Team, so none of the kids would get upset about not being on that team. Tyla was on "Team Ireland" so she had to wear a green t-shirt. We all found green shirts (even tho Green really isn't my colour...........sigh, the sacrifices we make for our kids.......LOL!!)!! There were lots of events throughout the day - Egg & Spoon Race, Wheelbarrow Race, that kind of thing. Tyla's team won 3 medals (as did all the teams). A Silver for Tunnel Ball, a Bronze for Egg & Spoon Race and Gold for Hobby Horse Race. Again, it was very well organised, each team won a medal of each colour. The kids had loads of fun. I'm very impressed with our Kindy Director this year (I have nothing to compare her too..........LOL). She has really made an effort and there is always something fabulous and exciting happening. The kids love her and she is very hands on. Thanks Lucy, you are great! :-)
Peter, Halle and Grandpa.

Tyla

Egg & Spoon Race

Medals

Hobby Horse Race

Oh, and the kids were taught the Australian National Anthem, so for the Opening and Closing Ceremony, they all marched in their teams with the team flags and stood together and sang the Anthem. Bought a tear to my eyes! Tyla made me so proud, she just loves the song!! (Insert rolling eyes here.........LOL). Everytime it has been on TV this fortnight, she has stopped whatever she is doing and sang the Anthem. She knows all the words (we've been singing it with her) and amazingly can pick up from wherever the music seems to start from IYKWIM! Unreal! (Can't tell I'm a proud mum)!LOL

Singing the National Anthem

Grandpa left that afternoon and can't remember what we did on Wednesday. Must have been a quiet day.
Thursday 21st - Halle's Birthday. OMG my baby girl is ONE! How did that happen so quickly? We gave her one of her presents before Tyla went to Kindy and saved the rest til that evening. Hahahaha, something really funny happened Thursday morning too.....it's a long story, so bear with me!
The Variety Bash arrived here Wednesday night - I had to work, so didn't get to see any of the cars arrive, or take the girls to have a look and cos Peter was still sick, he wasn't too enthusiastic about it either. They all camped on the town oval, which is directly across the road from us. Was very noisy - music til about 2am, lots of cars driving around and people partying. Didn't bother me - part of living where we are, and the girls didn't notice at all. I got out of bed about 7:20 Thursday morning to get Tyla up and ready for Kindy. Pete was in the shower. Was about to get Tyla when I heard a very quiet knock on the front door. Of course I wondered who on earth it was that early in the morning, thought it might have been something about Peter's work. Opened the door and there is this guy standing there - perfect stranger, wearing a wetsuit, Port Power/Vodaphone Guernsey and Port Power hat, with a small bag under his arm...................what the??? He says "Did I get you out of bed"? - I'm wearing uggies, PJ's and my Blue Dressing Gown.....very bleary eyed, been awake for about 2 minutes! I said "No, just got up". He then asks...."this isn't where the showers are is it"? Being still half asleep I gave him a very blank look, then said "No....who are you looking for"? His reply............"Somebody told me a lady over here in a blue dressing gown said we could use her shower" (he was quick)! To make a very long story a bit shorter, I let him in to have a shower - let Pete know he had to hurry up so the stranger in our lounge could use the shower!! ROFL!! His name is Declan and I told him he could come in cos he was wearing Port Power colours!
He had his shower and went on his way. Pete and I are having breakfast pissing ourselves laughing at this guys cheek, and wondering how much he raised for the Variety Club with that stunt, when he comes back with a big bag of goodies for us - Power hat, hand clapper, wig, footy...........LOL, cracked us up, was a very funny way to start the morning.
I took Tyla to kindy and Halle and I went for a big walk around all the cars, I had to find Declan so I could get a photo taken with him, cos no-one would believe this had happened! The cars were all lined up on our street getting ready to leave for the day. Turns out he planned to Knock on 3 doors to see if he could use a shower......ours was door number 2! The first one no-one was home. None of the other Bashers could believe that we let him in, so he was quite pleased to prove that we did. Somebody asked me if he promised me a phone if I let him have a shower, and I said, "That wouldn't have worked, Vodaphone is no good out here, we don't get signal"...........LOL, turns out he is the State Manager for Vodaphone. ROFPMSL. I was also asked what my husband thought about this happening, they were aghast that I let a stranger into my house...........I just said that Peter was home, and what did it matter, I didn't get in the shower with him.............Declan laughed "We'll leave it at that, shall we?".................Anyway, very long story, but a very funny one, I thought! If you've read all this, hope you thought it was funny too. The girls ended up with so much stuff from all the Bash Participants - toys, hats, bags, lollies etc..............they were giving away stuff all over the place.

My Shower Visitor

Thursday night my Mum and Dad arrived about 7ish, so we unwrapped the rest of Halle's pressies and my parents gave her theirs. What a pressie she got from them - a big horse - not a real one (thank goodness) but a battery powered one, that is big enough for them to sit on - it neighs and shakes its head and tail and makes a trotting sound - is very cool! Tyla loves it, Halle is a bit unsure.

Friday 22nd - Early morning - I was up at 6am (no stranger asking for a shower this time)! We left the house about 8:30 heading to Port Lincoln for the day. 5 of us in our car (including the 2 carseats for the girls - was very squashy for my Mum in the back)! Arrived in PL about 11am (roadworks on the way) had a quick cuppa at my Nan's house and then we all went to have lunch with Nan and her "Women's and Children's Hospital" Committee Members. Nan received a Commendation for 25 years of service. Was a lovely ceremony - very touching. Nan almost had a tear in her eye - a very rare thing indeed. If you get GTS/BKS TV, keep an eye out - we will be on the news one night. The reporter took lots of footage of Halle! Let me know if you see it, cos we don't get local TV here, ours comes from Qld and NT! Did some shopping and bits and pieces, went out to dinner and came home again - got home about 11pm probably! A very long day.

Nan - 92 Years

Saturday we spent recovering from Friday and getting ready for Sunday. Peter worked his butt off getting the yard ready and I worked hard getting the house and food organised.

Sunday 24th - Halle's birthday party! About 40 people here for a barby and party for Halle. My parents were still here and some of Pete's family travelled up here too. My sister couldn't make it sadly, cos they are shearing today and she had to work. The weather was perfect (love this time of year) we had lots of food and fun - the kids all had a great time, Halle was spoilt rotten with lots of cuddles and kisses and attention. Was a lovely day!

My parents went home after we had tea tonight and just phoned to say they made it home safely - a 2 hour drive at night! Thank goodness!
Anyway, that's been our last week. A very long post, thanks if you made it this far! Hope you like the photos and please leave a comment!!!

7 comments:

Binxcat1 said...

Worth the read chickie... those DDs of yours are way too cute... and one already! WOW! Time flies when you are having fun hey? Go your Nan... that is wonderful that she was recognised for all her work like that... I have to aks though, what did SHE think of the strange shower man?! PMSL... I'd like to see THAT story scrapped! hehehehe ;)

sandra said...

phew made it all the way through.. great post Lisa
PMSL at the Port Power shower guy!
So you are a port power fan too? ... (knew there was something I liked about you lol)
Loved that story... I'm not so sure my dh would of been so tolerant!!! even if the guy was wearing port gear!
loved all your pics..
congrats to both Nan and Halle.. what a big week!
And here was I thinking you had gone awol!

Lisa said...

Nan thought the shower man story was very funny! Was probably very disgusted that I let him in tho.......LOL And just as a note - I wouldn't have let him in if Pete hadn't been home!
And haven't been AWOL Sandra, just very annoyingly busy!! Haven't even had time for scrapping and am so tired tonight am about to go to bed!!

sandra said...

thanks for your comment Lisa on our blog Lisa.. and in answer to your question... I haven't entered in the past, but I think this year the kids and I might have a bit of fun and put in some entries.. a couple of the girls from E2C enter in the scrapbooking section... but I'm not sure I will.. the standard is pretty high...

Tiff Firth said...

had to laugh at Halle tucking into the sponge roll.
GREAT newsy blog.
I am exhausted just reading it, let alone living it.
yes yes yes. pop your scrap enteries into the cummins show.
email me your po address and I'll pop a show book in the post for you. new sections this year. Yallunda Flat show is also having scrapbooking this year.

Anonymous said...

wow lisa you have had a busy and eventful week...LOL at your early morning visitor, can see how surprised those guys would have been, cos that just wouldnt happen in the city!!!you just showed country hospitality at its best!!
hoping to see u down here for tiffs scrap nite at 5 loaves,!

Anonymous said...

I had a very good chuckle at your shower story oo!

Thanks for always sharing your stories, I love reading about the real things!!

Your family is gorgeous as well!

Please hop on over to my blog as I have a layout for you..

Maz xx